2 fillets of fresh halibut (skin on)
150g arborio rice
1l of chicken broth
1 shallot finely chopped
Pinch of saffron
100ml dry white wine
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat the stock in a pan over a low heat.
2. In a separate pan, add the oil and butter over a low heat, add the shallots, and gently cook, stirring until soft but not colored.
3. Add the rice and increase the heat stirring all the time.
4. Once the rice starts to appear translucent, add the wine continuing to stir.
5. After the rice has absorbed the wine, add the saffron and spoon in some stock.
6. Reduce the heat and continue to add stock until the rice has cooked through. You want the rice creamy but al dente.
7. As the rice is cooking, preheat another pan over a moderate heat.
8. Add a tbsp of oil. Season your fillets and add to the pan skin side down.
9. Cook for two minutes, then gently turn over and cook for another minute.
10. Remove the halibut from the pan, gently remove the skin, and be careful not to break the fillet.
11. Serve on a bed of risotto.