Pan-fried Carp with seasonal vegetables
This is a delicious and nutritious recipe that takes 10 minutes to prepare and 45 minutes cooking time. This recipe serves 4 people.
- 2 carp fillets, pin boned with the skin on
- 100g parsnip, coarsely grated
- 200g carrot, coarsely grated
- 100ml tomato puree
- 5ml water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon allspice berries
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring 2 tablespoons of olive oil to medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft. Add celery, parsley, parsnip, and carrot with sweet paprika and cook for 15 min, stirring regularly. Add paprika and 5ml of water with tomato puree, bay leaves, and allspice berries. Cook for about 20 min until thick with soft vegetables.
- Season the carp fillets and lightly dust with flour and heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan. This should be done over medium heat. Place carp fillets in the pan skin down and cook for 5 minutes or until cooked through, turn the fish over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Squeeze half a lemon over the fish.
- Stir most of the dill into the sauce keeping some for garnish, and add remaining lemon juice and salt.
- Serve with fresh vegetables and enjoy.